Sunday 13 June 2010

Perth Trip:) Day 1

We boarded the bus, ready to begin the first day. :) We were told to sit with our buddies. My buddy and I took the 3rd row from the front. I decided to take some pictures of the houses, building, factories, roads, parks...... along the way.everything seemed so different from Singapore. Usually, in Singapore, around that time, there would be traffic jams on the highways as everyone would either be going to work or going to school.
The first time we experienced the cold was when we reached Monumental Hill. We got down the bus and walked around to take pictures. Although most of us had our jackets on, we still felt extremely cold. :O When it was time to board the bus and head for the Fishing Boat Harbour, most of us hurried back to the bus to escape the cold.
We got out our cameras and braced ourselves for the cold. When we got out, I felt that it was not as cold as before.  I looked up and realised that even Australian skies and Singapore skies had a difference. Australian skies seemed so peaceful. The clouds looked like cotton candy swirling around in a blue bowl. I immediately took a picture of the sky. There was a fairly small green field spread out in front of me. My friends and I walked towards the wall in front of the beach. The waves were not very big but it seemed so peaceful. I took a video of it.
We got some free time at the Fremantle weekend market. I decided to explore the market with my friends from the GuZheng CCA. Although we were not in the same class then, I already knew them in Primary 1. We wanted to get a few souvenirs for our friends who missed the chance to go. However, it was difficult to choose. We decided to combine our money and buy them something. We bought a packet of cute little koalas. After that, we went to buy a cold drink even though the weather was cold enough. ( We combined money again:).)
Next, was the CHOCOLATE FACTORY. Most of the chocolate were quite expensive, but there were a few that were still quite affordable. My friend and I combined money again to buy a small chocolate butterfly to share.
LUNCH. Our first meal in Perth. We went to Sweetlips for Fish & Chips. I sat with my friends from GuZheng again. We took more photos. When our food came, we were kind of scared. 2 big pieces of fish with a mountain of fries were on the plate. After eating half of one of the pieces, my friends could not eat anymore and had to give up. As i did not want to see it go to waste, I forced myself to eat all the fish. AND I DID IT!!!!!!!! But......I didn't eat finish the fries:)
It was a long drive to the Orchard, so most of us took a nap in the bus. We got to the Orchard, and had a tour of the Orchard. There were many orange trees, peach trees..... We saw how raisins were dried. Some of my friends bought some dried raisins, apricots..... It did look tempting but I did not want to spend all my money on the first day.
We proceeded to the farm to check in and rest. My cabin was number 10. 5 other people were staying with me. My teacher passed the key to me. the teachers let us have a shower and rest for about 1 and a half hours before dinner. We created a plan where we could save time and convenient (especially to those with long hair). We got quite a bit of rest. We explored the large cabin. There was kitchen, dining table, living room, balcony, 3 bedrooms and 2 toilets. I shared a room with my friend from Choir. 2 rooms had 2 single beds each and 1 room had a queen size bed.
For dinner, we had spaghetti and salad. For dessert, we had peach and ice cream. :) Going back was quite scary. The back of the cabin was the farm, but as it was dark, we could only see the crooked trunks of the trees. As the door was at the back of the cabin, we had to walk towards the back and our cabin was one of the most isolated. One side was entirely empty and the next house was empty as well......
We started our work( we still had work to do) :(. Before we slept, we brushed our teeth, drank some water and set our alarm clocks and watches to ring at the correct time in the morning. As we were freezing, we turned on our heating blankets. And I fell asleep. :D:)

1 comment: